Foundation COVID-19 Statement
As the current and potential impacts of the COVID-19 virus continue to evolve, the health and safety of our community is our greatest concern. Foundation staff will be working remotely until further notice – we encourage you to contact us via email during this time. We understand that COVID-19 may interfere with scheduled activities for those holding grants. We encourage you to make smart decisions and delay/postpone activities or request extensions as necessary if an element of your grant will present risk. Please reach out to us one-on-one if you have questions/concerns regarding your grant or services.
Mary Phan-Gruber, CEO email@example.com
Kelleigh Boland, Director of Grantmaking and Strategy firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our full statement on COVID-19 here.
COVID-19 Resources (Updated Nov 23rd, 2021)
- PA Unites Against COVID– This is the state’s COVID-19 campaign platform which includes community education resources, toolkits, Zoom backgrounds, social media materials, and more for the wider use.
- Truth Not COVID Campaign– This is an education campaign created through a partnership between the Allegheny County Health Department (ACHD), the Allegheny County Department of Human Services (ACDHS) and MEE Productions. It works to support ethnic, minority and marginalized communities that have been disproportionately affected by COVID-19 in Allegheny County. After the completion of each training level, you can earn credits that can be exchanged for free promotional items, event signage and more.
- THE CONVERSATION: Between Us, About Us – This is a messaging campaign created through the Kaiser Family Foundation’s Greater Than COVID-19 campaign and the Black Coalition Against COVID. W. Kamau Bell, joins Black health care workers in open and honest conversations to dispel misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccines. The latest installment of videos focuses on the COVID vaccines and children through a partnership with the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- UNICEF’s Vaccine Messaging Guide – This guide can be used by anyone working to develop messaging and content that builds confidence and trust in vaccines. This guide was released in combination with UNICEF’s Demand for Immunization team and the Yale Institute for Global Health. This guide includes evidence backed methods and recommendations as well as identifies where vaccine hesitancy can stem from and the various determinants in people’s decision to get vaccinated.
- PA Unites Against COVID: Guide to Responding to Vaccine Misinformation & Disinformation – This guide is designed for PA community organizations and individuals alike. The resource includes five key practices to reduce Mis- or Disinformation (MDM), key messages and facts to share when responding to misinformation, and sample social media.
- A Community Toolkit for Addressing Health Misinformation – This toolkit was last updated September 13th of 2021 and was created by the Office of the US Surgeon General. It is geared towards community members and health care professionals alike. The toolkit outlines what health misinformation is, how it can show up in your life and why people may share harmful information. The toolkit also highlights five application methods to combat health misinformation in your daily life.
Outreach Strategies for Individuals & Organizations
- CDC’s 12 COVID-19 Strategies for your Community – This field guide can be utilized by any community members or organizations working to increase vaccine confidence and uptake. It includes evidence-backed strategies and examples from across the country of. The field guide also includes a discussion on the various common barriers to getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
- PA Unites Against COVID: Vaccine Outreach Toolkit – This guide is intended for both individual and community organization use. It includes a description of how to have supportive conversations with those who are vaccine hesitant, what you should know about the vaccines in order to have effective conversations, and marketing materials to use for outreach methods.
- Equity in Vaccination A Plan to Work with Communities of Color Toward COvID-19 Recovery and Beyond Working Group on Equity in COVID-19 Vaccination – Released in February of 2021, this resource is geared towards organizations and elected or appointed officials. It outlines 5 key principles: iteration, Involvement, Information, Integration and Investment, and how they can help create, implement and support vaccination campaigns that work with the Black and People of Color (BIPOC) community. The report was created in partnership between CommuniVax, John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Center for Health Security and Texas States’s Anthropology Department.
- ASPE: Overview of Barriers and Facilitators in COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach – Published on August 27, 2021, this report was created by the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation and provides a wide array of lessons pulled from successful vaccine programs across the country. It was developed aid anyone working to combat low vaccination rates by identifying the best practices to inform COVID-19 outreach. This report also references several online tools and resources that can assist designing outreach initiatives.
Allegheny County Health Department:
- Find a Vaccine: https://www.alleghenycounty.us/Health-Department/Resources/COVID-19/COVID-19.aspx
- Allegheny Alerts: To receive up-to-date information on the evolving status of COVID-19 in our area, sign up to receive Allegheny Alerts from the Allegheny County Health Department here.